Language Exchange Community
Through ConversationExchange.com you can have three types of language exchange:
1. Face to face conversation
This type of language exchange is known as conversation exchange. You practice your second language by meeting up with native speakers living nearby
2. Correspondence (pen-pal)
You can improve your writing as well as reading skills by corresponding with a penpal. Simply exchange messages with members who are looking for a correspondence exchange!
3. Text and voice chat
Practice your foreign language by chatting with a native speaker and using your chat software of choice: Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Google Talk, etc
Why Conversation Exchange?
Why learn a language via conversation exchange? Here are some great reasons:
- It's fun and you can make new friends from different cultures
- You learn slang and colloquial expressions you don't usually learn in a language class
- It's free
- There is no homework or boring grammar books to study
- You practice both listening and speaking at the same time. If you also want to practice writing and reading, you can do so by exchanging emails with your language exchange partner
- It's a very fast and effective language learning method